Friday, August 28, 2009

3D Chalk Drawings


Here is an interesting artist I love to stare at. Julian Beever seems to be incredible at chalk creations on the sidewalk. I have no idea how he does it so well but it really captures my eye. I saw a similar attempt by another artist at the Gateway Mall in Downtown Salt Lake and it almost sucked me into believing I was next to a cliff. Check out the website with some other of Jullian's works. http://www.moillusions.com/2007/12/julian-beevers-new-3d-sidewalk.html. This prison drawing is probably one of my favories of his because it blends in so well with the tiles. You couldn't even tell that the drawing is actually on plane surface.

1 comment:

  1. This painting is amazing! No matter how long I stare at it, I still can't believe that I'm looking at a flat chalk drawing and not an actual space in the ground. How on earth did the artist manage to create that kind of perspective? I feel as though I could leap right into the artwork.

    ReplyDelete